Introduction to Outlook Email Uploader
FranConnect Sky for Microsoft Outlook allows you to immediately access all of the critical contact data contained in your FranConnect system from within Outlook. And new contact information contained in an email can be saved added to FranConnect and tracked as part of the sales process. Key capabilities include:
Real-time tracking of prospect and customer interactions
Automatically enrich contact information based on email address
Ensures all employees keep system of record current with latest sales efforts
Easily create contacts and leads directly from within any Outlook client
Emails are uploaded successfully only if the Email ID provided in To or From fields of the Outlook Email matches with the Email ID available in the system. In addition to this, system checks for an exact match on an Email ID.
- MS-Windows XP and above
- MS-Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013
- MS .NET framework 4.0 or above
- VSTO 2010
Downloading/Installing Outlook Email Uploader
- On the Options page, open Download Apps tab.
- On the Download Apps tab, select Outlook Email Uploader version that is compatible with your MS Outlook.
- Click Download button in the Outlook Email Uploader section. A file download box is displayed. You can save the application setup file on your system or opt to run it.
- When the EmailUploader.exe file is downloaded successfully, double-click on it to run the setup. The FranConnect Email Uploader Setup wizard appears, as shown below:
- Click Next button to start the installation process. Confirm Installation page appears, as shown below:
- Click Next button. Installation of FranConnect Email Uploader begins, as shown below:
- After installation, click Close button to exit, as shown below:
- On clicking Close button, a confirmation message box appears.
- Upon installation of the app, FranConnect Email Uploader section gets added to the ribbon of the MS Outlook. To check, open your MS Outlook program, as shown below:
Register Outlook Email Uploader App
Prior to uploading Outlook Emails to the FranConnect system, you need to configure the app and register.
- Hover over the down arrow ( ) at the bottom of FranConnect Email Uploader section to open registration window as shown below:
- Click the Registration button. A pop-up window appears as shown below:
- Provide your FranConnect login credentials and Company Code in respective boxes as shown below:
- Click Register button. A confirmation message is displayed, as shown below:
Upload Outlook Emails to FranConnect System
In Microsoft Office Outlook, select the Email(s) that you want to upload to FranConnect system, as shown below:
Click the Upload button to start the uploading process. Once the selected Emails get uploaded, a confirmation message is displayed, as shown below:
As mentioned above, Email is uploaded only if the FranConnect system has a matching Email ID for Outlook Email IDs mentioned in- From, To or Cc field of the uploaded Email. When Email is uploaded, the system automatically checks for matching Email IDs in below mentioned modules. If an Email has multiple Email IDs in To field, the system picks all the IDs and upload the Email to the module(s) where Email addresses are found. Email is uploaded to only one module even though multiple matches have occurred.
The following order of precedence will be applied while uploading Email:
- Info Manager
- Customer Relationship Manager
If FranConnect system has no matching Email ID, then Un-Delivered messages appear, as shown below:
Search and Upload Outlook Emails to FranConnect
You can search for records in Information Manager, Sales and CRM module(s) and upload Outlook Emails to the FranConnect system against searched record using Search and Upload feature in MS Outlook Email Uploader.
To search and upload:
- In Microsoft Office Outlook, select the Email(s) that you want to upload to FranConnect system, as shown below:
- . Click Search and Upload button in FranConnect Email Uploader.
- On clicking, Search and Upload box appears as shown below:
- Enter the record details you wish to search for, in the Search box.
- Select record(s) from search results and click Upload button to upload selected emails to the FranConnect Sky system as shown below:
View the Uploaded Outlook Emails in Information Manager
Information will have higher precedence than Sales and CRM modules. So, the system will check for matching Email IDs in Information Manager prior to any other module. If Email ID is matched, then Outlook Email will be uploaded in this module.
An email will be uploaded to Information Manager even though Email IDs mentioned in To or From fields are available in all three modules (Information Manager, Sales, CRM). Information Manager has two sections where Emails can be uploaded.
- Franchisees: Emails are uploaded here if the Email ID provided in Outlook Email matches with the Email ID of a franchise store listed in the Franchisees section. A franchise store may have multiple Email IDs for a different purpose but system checks for only following Email IDs:
o Center Email ID
o Center Contact Email ID
o Legal Notice Email ID
- Regional: Emails are uploaded here if the Email ID provided in Outlook Email matches with the Email ID of a regional store listed in the Regional section.
Perform the following steps to check the uploaded Emails:
Navigate to Information Manager -> Franchisees/Regional section. A list of franchisees/regional stores appears there.
Choose a Franchisee/Regional store whose Email ID matches with the one specified in Outlook Email fields- From or To.
Click the Contact History tab and scroll down the page. Message History section displays all the Emails uploaded through MS Outlook, as shown below:
View the Uploaded Outlook Emails in Sales
If Information Manager has no matching Email ID, the system will search for matching Email ID in Sales module. Perform the following steps to check the uploaded Emails:
- Navigate to Lead Management section.
- Click the hyperlinked Lead Name whose Email ID matches with the one specified in Outlook Email fields’- From or To.
- Scroll down the Primary Info page for Message History section which displays all the Emails uploaded from MS Outlook, as shown below:
View the Uploaded Outlook Emails in CRM
If Information Manager and Sales have no matching Email ID, the system will search for matching Email ID in CRM module.
Perform the following steps to view the uploaded Emails:
- Navigate to CRM -> Contact Summary section.
- Click the hyperlinked Contact whose Email ID matches with the one specified in Outlook Email fields’- From or To.
- On the Primary Info page, you can check the Activity History of the Contact or click the Detailed History link to view uploaded Email(s).
Emails may have different types of content like text, images, tables, attachments, etc, but the Outlook Email Uploader app uploads Email regardless of its content. Email content in the form of attachment, image, chart, and calendar is uploaded as an attachment in the system. For example, you have uploaded the following Email to the system:
The Email is uploaded to the system in the following format:
Uninstall FranConnect Email Uploader
You need to close your Microsoft Outlook program prior to un-installing the FranConnect Email Uploader. Follow below mentioned steps to uninstall the app:
Navigate to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, as shown below:
Double-click FranConnect Email Uploader. A confirmation box appears.
Click on Yes button to proceed.