This page goes into detail about the various options and settings that are available when creating Events. To start, open the Events tool (found under Communication suite), and click thebutton.
- Name – The main reference given to this Event, this is the name that users will see when viewing or registering for the Event.
- Attach Content – This setting allows for the inclusion of extra content. If the Yesoption is chosen, three further options are revealed:
- ACTIV Presentation
- External Content
- User File
- Comments – This text area acts as the main descriptor for this event. Typically includes information that will relate to any future sessions that belong to this event, such as purpose.
- Duration – The number of days that the event will last. When creating sessions for this event, this number of specific dates will need to be selected.
- Registered By – Who has the ability to register for this event. The Manager option will restrict registration privileges to Managers, so that normal employees cannot register themselves. Self will allow all targeted users to register themselves for the event. The Either option is a combination of the two previous options.
- Charge for Event– Apply cost for attending the event. This acts as a simple label (the system has no ability to process or keep track of monetary transactions). When enabled, two further options are revealed:
- Price Per Person
- Discount (% off when over a certain number of users attend)
- Attendee Reminder Email – Length of time between the beginning of this event's session commencement and the attendee reminder email being sent out to the registered users.
- General Reminder Email – Length of time between the beginning of this event's session commencement and the general reminder email being sent out to all targeted users.
- Single Session Only – If this option is turned on, a user may only ever be registered for one session of this event.
- Mandatory – If this option is turned on, users may not decline to attend sessions of this event.
Once you are satisfied with the form, click thebutton to create the Event.