Written Tests allow trainers to set open-ended questions for trainees. The answers can be entered directly into the platform via a text entry form, or the trainee can upload a file that contains the answer/s required.
Note: The Written Test tool is quite similar to the Assignments tool.
Managing Written Tests
Written Tests can only be managed by an existing 'RTO Admin' account. Please see instructions below:
1. Log in with your 'RTO Admin' account
2. Go to 'Training → Written Tests'
Here you will see a list of existing Written Tests (if any), as well as be able to create new ones.
Creating a Written Test
1. Click on thebutton
2. Complete all required fields
3. Select the Fuel Gauge the Sign Off will be placed in from the 'Fuel gauge' drop down
Note: Fuel Gauges can only be created via the System Suite, outside of the Education Suite.
4. Next to 'Learning Material' click thebutton to add reference material Trainees can read when answering the question [optional]
5. Next to 'Marking Criteria' click thebutton to add a marking guide to provide guidance when marking the question. This is not visible to the trainee [optional]
6. Fill out the 'Question' field with the question the Trainee will answer
7. Tick the 'Test Grading' field if you would like to make the test gradable. Trainers will then have the option of marking Written Test responses as competent or not yet competent. There is also an option where once the trainee has submitted the response, the Written Test is deemed to be completed without having to be physically marked [optional]
8. Tick the box next to 'Active' if you would like to activate the Written Test [optional]
9. Click on thebutton (once done)
Tip: Once you have finished creating the Written Test, it can then be assigned to a Qualification. Please refer to the Qualifications article for further information.
Note: If you do not have an existing 'RTO Admin' account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.